Friday, January 8, 2010

Tuning in to Loved Ones...

My kids are coming home this weekend and I am so excited about spending time with them. Both far away at college, one at MIT and one at CSU Humboldt, there are rare moments when all of our schedules converge and we can be together.
SO, what is the point of this ramble? After a week of hearing about losses of loved ones from friends and coworkers, I am committing myself to a weekend free of distractions. I plan on being "tuned in" to my kids. Though they are adults, they need me as much as they did when they were younger, though now  in an emotionally supportive and intellectually inspiring way. 
This moment is all we really have to show our love for our family and friends. What can you do today to "tune in" to your loved ones? I plan to listen more fully.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to be notified of follow-up comments, please email me @ joanmancini@yahoo.com.