Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Listen to your dreams..

I've been dreaming a lot. I suppose I dream much more than I realize, but lately I have been remembering more of my nightly journeys.  Last week I had a dream that my Grandpa, or "Gramps" as we lovingly called him, was standing across the kitchen getting ready to rinse off a knife as he was cooking. Now Gramps was always the baker, not really the cook, but in my dream there he was, as vibrant as he was in his earlier days, talking to me about how one day he had said I wouldn't have to worry about having enough money. I asked him, "Hey Gramps, what about me winning the lottery?" "Didn't you tell me I should be playing?" He looked at me, smiled and replied, "Yeah, I need to look into that." He said it with such certainty, and I somehow believed that he had the power to make it happen. The next thing I knew my alarm was going off and I was jolted out of my dream and out of my warm cozy bed.   I wanted so badly to go back to my dream; I wanted to ask Gramps what he meant and tell him how much I missed him. As I got up and made my coffee, I felt a calm presence... I felt him looking down at me and somehow felt the reassurance that everything in my life is going to be alright.  I am not completely certain that I understand the full meaning of my dream. I do know that I felt a calming sense of assurance about my life as I encountered Gramps through my dream world.  I also know that my life is filled with rich, deep meaning and Gramps would be proud if he were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to be notified of follow-up comments, please email me @ joanmancini@yahoo.com.