Monday, February 22, 2010

Back to School..Back to Reality

It's a strange morning for me. School resumes today after winter break and as I get excited to go back to school and see my cute lil kiddos, I realize that I am not going to be with them this week. I will be at school, yes, but my intern will be in charge of the classroom for an entire week.
My intern is awesome, competent, and well- prepared. I have complete faith in her ability to have a great week with our class. I suppose I am sad in a way.. perhaps even a bit jealous? ( whoah, voicing my neuroses on a public forum?)  I love hearing the stories of what my students do on their vacations, their proclamations that they missed me over the long week! I enjoy getting the cards and pictures and stories they wrote. I know that this is all part of the territory with having an intern, a co-teacher in training, with me for the year.
I do look forward to the opportunity to get organized and clean out an area in my office that has been in disarray since our Kindergarten pod was remodeled a year ago (right in the middle of the school year). I plan to get things filed and organized and reflect on my practices a bit. I will probably visit my K teacher friends and help them with some classroom management issues as well as observe and learn from them!
So, yes, today it's back to reality. The reality will be just a tad bit different, that's all.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to be notified of follow-up comments, please email me @ joanmancini@yahoo.com.